Procedures to Discover the Path Ahead
A downloadable game
Create a world that changes the further you are from what is familiar. Use it for solo gaming, GM prep, GM-less games, drawing maps or worldbuilding just for fun. Use it for stories about fighting dragons, or stories with no fighting at all. Bring the world to life with random tables of everything from abstract social values to legumes.
What do I need?
- At least one six sided die
- Pencil and paper
- Friends and other TTRPG books (optional)
What formats does this come in?
- Small booklets in PDF form, meant to be read electronically, both as pages and spreads.
- A booklet intended for printing on a home printer. Requires trimming down to size, and a stapler or something.
- A PDF version that is text-only and has minimal formatting, beyond headings being marked. It should be possible to navigate it with a screenreader. Let me know if there's a better format for accessibility.
Physical copies will also be made available at some point in the future, after they have been sent out to those who have indicated interest during the itchfunding period.
A bonus insert for Wanderhome has been created. At least one more is coming soon. It can be downloaded for free. For a more screenreader-friendly version, you can find it here: https://seedlinggames.github.io/blogging/extras/wanderhome_for_PFLTPA.html
Zine Month and Itchfunding
Itchfunding is now completed, and the final version is available for sale. In the process, we made this cool progress bar:
I have kept some of the original files up, in case someone really wants to look at those.
If you want to hear about other things I'm working on, blog posts I write, and other people's games that I've been excited about lately, I have a mailing list: https://www.getrevue.co/profile/seedling-games
This was part of Zine Month 2022! It might be possible to still back some of the games here: https://www.zinemonth.com/
If you are in the US only, you can buy a physical copy using the link below.
If you are outside the US, or want to bundle the purchase with other people's zines, there are a few options for online stores that can handle international distribution:
- Ratti Incantati, in Canada
- Third Kingdom Games, in the US
Credits and Licensing
ART CREDITS: Some interior art by Evlyn Moreau (licensed via her Patreon), Perplexing Ruins (also licensed via his Patreon), Charles Ferguson-Avery of Feral Indie Studio, and Direquest (from various stock art packs on Dungeon Master’s Guild).
Dice font is Dicier, by Speak the Sky (can be found on itch.io). Other fonts are Vollkorn and Hammersmith One.
Cover by Thomas Novosel (licensed via his Patreon, ThomasNo).
Proofreading done by Walton Wood.
I've made an itch collection of games that I like that have some similarities to these games: https://itch.io/c/1838271/ptdtpa-inspiration
COPYING AND REUSE:
I haven't given it an official license, but:
- Anything you produce with these tables can be used for any purpose you want and I'm pretty sure I couldn't claim copyright even if I wanted to. Same with making similar tables. But if I inspire you, a mention would be appreciated.
- You may make unlimited copies for yourself and your friends. If you want to copy the actual text for a commercial project, I’ll probably say yes, probably with enthusiasm, just run it by me (@SeedlingGames on Twitter).
Why not give it a license?
1. I think a lot of licenses over-claim what can be copyrighted, or at least what should be copyrightable. I think if you just make something heavily inspired by this, or using the same mechanics, it's less a matter of copyright and more a matter of acknowledgement being a nice thing to do.
2. If you release it under some license, I don't think clauses like "no fascists" or "large corporations have to pay me" actually are enforceable. Also, barring cases like that, I don't see a need to get the legal system involved in what people do with my games.
|Tags||dnd, Hexcrawl, Itch Funding, map, nsr, OSR, poc-made, solo-ttrpg, Tabletop role-playing game|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $6 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Physical copy - US only - includes shipping
Note: if you indicated interest in a physical copy via itchfunding, check your email for a discounted link.
They will be sent as regular letter mail via USPS inside a normal letter envelope, allowing me to keep shipping costs low. I'll generally mail them out within a week.
US ONLY - Indicate interest in future discounted physical copies
I'm going to try and do some degree of physical copy fulfillment on itch. This will mean that once I have ordered physical copies, I will give people a $5 discount if they previously bought the PDF. This is just to give me an idea of how many physical copies to get if that does happen.
If you aren't in the US, you can just scroll up and buy it normally. You'll still get the PDFs, including a printable PDF.
US ONLY - Indicate interest in future discounted physical copies, round 2
Pick the other one first
I've never done physical fulfillment before on this scale, which is why I've limited it to 100. However, if it turns out that it's not too terrible, I might open it to more people. It might happen later, though, or it might be that you have to buy it from a third party store.
- New OSR (Cairn) guide and physical copiesMay 30, 2022
- First bonus handout and update on physical copiesApr 23, 2022
- Full version released (v2.0)Mar 16, 2022
- Status updateFeb 19, 2022
- Version 1.0Jan 05, 2022